Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I am interested in learning more about the undergraduate program. Whom should I contact?
A. Please email with your name, current major, and a phone number to reach you. We will contact you to set up a time to meet with an advisor in the Department.

Q. How can I learn more about the MS in Applied & Resource Economics, or the PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics?
A. Please contact Professor Farhed Shah, Graduate Admissions Curriculum committee chair, at or visit our graduate student page.

Q. Where can I find more information about Minors that the Department offers?
A. Please visit the Academic Programs website to find more information or click on the links below to find the Plans of Study for each Department minor:

Q. Where can I find the undergraduate Plan of Study?
A. On the Academic Programs website or the ARE Undergraduate webpage.

Q. How do I change my major to ARE?
A. Fill out a change of major form on this page, attach your unofficial transript and a personal statement, and submit to office 302 in the W.B. Young Building.

Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
University of Connecticut
1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4021
W.B. Young Building
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-4021

Phone: (860) 486-2836
Fax: (860) 486-1932

More Contact Information