Frequently Asked Questions 


Q. I am interested in learning more about the undergraduate program. Whom should I contact?
A. Please email ARE@uconn.edu with your name, current major, and a phone number to reach you. We will contact you to set up a time to meet with an advisor in the Department.


Q. How can I learn more about the MS in Applied & Resource Economics, or the PhD in Agricultural and Resource Economics?
A. Please contact Professor Farhed Shah, our Director of Studies, at Farhed.Shah@uconn.edu or visit our graduate student page.


Q. Where can I find more information about Minors that the Department offers?
A. Please visit the Academic Programs website to find more information or click on the links below to find the Plans of Study for each Department minor:

Business Management and Marketing
Environmental Economics and Policy
Equine Business Management


Q. Where can I find the undergraduate Plan of Study?
A. On the Academic Programs website or the ARE Undergraduate webpage.


Q. How do I change my major to ARE?
A. Fill out a change of major form on this page, attach your unofficial transcript and a personal statement, and submit to office 302 in the W.B. Young Building.