The Zwick Center provides economic research on problems related to food, public health, natural resources, environment, energy, and sustainable regional economic development.The Center’s goal is to improve society’s wellbeing by providing research results in the form of practical information for individuals, firms and public policy-makers to use to enhance decision-making outcomes and the functioning of markets.
Zwick Center research products are provided in these web pages in the form of:
- Outreach Reports: These summaries describe the implications of research as relevant to decision-makers, with references to supporting research reports, working papers and journal articles.
- Fact Sheets: These 2 to 4 page summaries briefings touch on the key points of research.
- Quarterly Cost of Dairy Reports: These reports show the cost of dairy products.
- Research Reports: These reports discuss economic research questions, summarize methods, and describe key results of studies.
- Working Paper Series: These scholarly papers provide economic theory and describe quantitative approaches used to address economic problems that are the focus of Zwick Center research and analysis. These papers will eventually appear, in modified form, as refereed academic journal articles.
Recent Zwick Center Products:
The Impact of COVID-19 on the Connecticut Dairy Farm Sector (Fact Sheet) CT Dairy-COVID-Factsheet-FINAL
The Impact of COVID-19 on the Connecticut Dairy Farm Sector (Outreach Report No. 67) Covid-19-Dairy-Zwick report 67-FINAL
CBD Hemp Production Costs & Returns for Connecticut Farmers in 2020 Summary (Fact Sheet 1) ZwickFS1_Feb27
CBD Hemp Production Costs & Returns for Connecticut Farmers in 2020 (Outreach Report No. 66) ZwickOR66_Feb27
Economic Impacts of The Connecticut Green Industry in 2017 (Outreach Report No. 63) Zwick_or63_CTGreen Industry_2020
Wine Grape Production in Connecticut: A Financial Analysis, 2020 (Outreach Report No. 62) Zwick_or62_GE.JJ&BBU_2020